Goth sentence in Spain

Ernesto theudimer at YAHOO.ES
Thu Jul 8 22:34:39 UTC 2010

Hi,
Obviously, there is no reference in Gothic language, but St Isidore of
Seville, detailed many customs of the Goths, among others:

"Where the Goth goes, with his horse is going" .Horses were very
important within the Goth army.

Saint Isidore is the source of these sentences:

Saint Isidore of Seville, History of Regibus  Gothorum, et Wandalorum
Suevorum, 66-70. Trad. by Hector Herrera C.

http://hispaniagothorum.wordpress.com/
> and did not see any reference or source for it. I would guess that the
sentence is someone's contemporary translation.
>                 cheers, Gregory
>
> --- In gothic-l at yahoogroups.com, "r_scherp" r_scherp@ wrote:
> >
> > Hails!
> >
> > Can you tell more about the provenance of this sentence? I was not
aware that Gothic expressions had survived in Spain.