Gothic Royal Insignia

Thomas Chelmowski the_lothian at YAHOO.COM
Fri Nov 4 00:48:51 UTC 2011

Hello,

It's me again with another Gothic question.
I was studying Wolfram's "History of the Goths" and found this:

Among the Tervingi there was a
preeminent "royal family" that we may perhaps identify as
the Balthi. The Romans, however, noticed other people among the Goths
who wore the "royal insignia" and who assumed a special
position because of their "dignity and descent."

Now, my question is, since this Royal Insignia is not mentioned anywhere in his book, does anyone know what that insignia might have been?

Thanks again for all your help.

Tom