Hundreds of visigothic slate stones (whiteboards) in Western Castilla (Spain

ertydfh110 ertydfh110 at YAHOO.COM
Mon Oct 10 19:46:25 UTC 2011

 Thank you for your welcome Ingemar!

It is interesting to know that someone from Scandinavia is interested in what their gothic ancestors (visigoths are supposed to come from southern Sweden) did in Spain.

In your past travels in Spain I think you forgot to visit the main center for visigoths in Spain!: Salamanca, Palencia, Burgos.

I´m going to give you some links for new ideas for next travel to Spain. If you translate it with google translator (http://translate.google.es/?hl=es&tab=wT#) it will be very understable:

For example you forgot to visit the small city of Wamba (in Valladolid). It was named in honour of Wamba (visigothic king of Spain) in 672:
http://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wamba_(Valladolid)

3 months ago it was discovered the biggest visigothic necropolis in Spain. It has 900 visigothic tombs. The necropolis is in Vicalvaro (close to Madrid):
http://www.elpais.com/articulo/madrid/Hallada/Vicalvaro/necropolis/visigoda/900/enterramientos/elpepiespmad/20110707elpmad_14/Tes

You probably already know most of it but I give you some links about visigothic art in Spain:
http://www.google.es/search?tbm=isch&hl=es&source=hp&biw=991&bih=635&q=arte+visigodo&gbv=2&oq=arte+visigodo&aq=f&aqi=g2g-S5&aql=&gs_sm=e&gs_upl=2718l4937l0l5187l13l10l0l3l3l0l219l1218l0.5.2l7l0

At the bottom of this webpage you can see another wikipedia links to 12-13 visigothic churches:
http://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arte_visigodo

And also the most important visigothic treasury in Spain:
http://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tesoro_de_Guarrazar

So, may be in your next travel to Spain you can also come to Salamanca and take a look at any of the remains that are here. I can personally show you where this celtic/visigothic old village is located. I can send you pictures of it at your personal email if you wish, but the only thing you can see are some groups of stones.

BTW, what are "Vadenensian celtic stelae". I searched in google and I couln´t find any reference. In a Salamanca village (Villavieja de Yeltes) there have been found some stelae. Some of the people that studied it think are celtic, and other people say they are visigothic. What is your opinion?.
Here they are:
http://imageshack.us/f/822/estelas.jpg/

Regards.