Vanir

ingemarn2000 ingemar at NORDGREN.SE
Fri Aug 3 16:44:02 UTC 2012

Evidently among else in England having kinship  with the  Wuffing kings according to archaeological finds. A probable king in Västergötland is buried in Swedens highest mound in Skalunda( it  was amateurishly excavated on the top in the 18th c and hence lost some height making later the Ottars mound higher. It is fixed to Vendel time with C14 and pollen analysis. We have lots of other Vendel period howes and nice weapon and jewellery finds. Lastly a complete howe and chiefs settlement  was excavated at Kållandsö at Lake Vänern with a harbour having also been a great market place. We as well have a lot of finds from this period indicating Eastern contacts and a former early medieval church, now unhappily replaced with a later building but with the baptismal font intact, called Väring (Varjag) it it tells you something. We as well have Swedens oldest law telling that nobody could get his inheritance while still sitting in Greece.

Best
Ingemar