Call for Papers - Gothic book project

Kevin Behrens becareful_icanseeyourfuture at HOTMAIL.DE
Wed Jul 4 23:31:28 UTC 2012

Hey, thank you for your answer. What do you ment by fonts? Whether I use fonts on our website? Some sections on the site are not ready yet or have content, so they don't work. I am pretty sorry for that but I have to run that page on my own and there are so many other things I have to do that I don't always find enough time.
To encode the Gothic script would be pretty useful, espacially on wikipedia for newcomers. I used it on my page 1. because the page is not ready yet and I didn't want to always copy that letter from another site and 2. because this way it is easier for people that don't know any gothic to write in it. But when I find more time, I will do that all over and maybe I'll use "Ƕ" and "ƕ". Thank you for your feedback. ;)
Greets,
Kevin

To: gothic-l at yahoogroups.com
From: everson at evertype.com
Date: Thu, 5 Jul 2012 00:13:55 +0100
Subject: Re: [gothic-l] Call for Papers - Gothic book project

      On 4 Jul 2012, at 22:38, kevin.behrens at rocketmail.com wrote:

> Faginoþ! I'm coming from the german "association for the gothic language" (www.vereindergotischensprache.de) to inform you that we are planning to publish a scientific book on Neogothic. You are all highly invited to contribute to it with articles or so. Here is the english version of the Call for Papers:

I was interested to see what you're doing with fonts and font design, but many of the links on your site don't work.

I was slightly disappointed to see you using "Hv" and "hv" in your Neogothic transliteration, instead of "Ƕ" and "ƕ". The lower-case letter was part of Unicode from the beginning; I wrote the proposal to encode the upper-case letter. (I also wrote the proposal to encode the Gothic script itself.)