Vanir

ingemarn2000 ingemar at NORDGREN.SE
Mon Jul 30 13:05:39 UTC 2012

The Vanir were fertility and vegetation divinities closer to the humans than the Aesir who were heaven gods. Still some of the Vanir had functions similar to the  Aesir. They definitely not were Germanic or Celtic tribes and they existed already at least 1400 BCE in this combination in the Middle East. Both Greeks, Romans, Celts  and Germanics have been influenced by this old religion but the Gods, however, got other names.

Ingemar