Gothic language support in Linux?

Michael Everson everson at EVERTYPE.COM
Mon Jul 30 13:05:24 UTC 2012

On 30 Jul 2012, at 04:33, marja erwin wrote:

> Can anyone recommend free open-source resources for Gothic in Ubuntu, or in Linux generally?

The Irish Extended keyboard on the Mac OS has easy access to hwair: alt-; + h = ƕ, alt-; + H = Ƕ. I think (but do not know) that there is an Irish Extended keyboard on some flavour of Linux. If so, perhaps it copies my design for the Apple Irish Extended keyboard.

Everson Mono http://evertype.com/emono/ has Gothic, though I want to revise its glyphs. I like Sadagolthina http://evertype.com/fonts/gothic/ myself. But I would, wouldn't I?