Where is Caucaland

Decebal-Radu C dciurchea at YAHOO.COM
Sun Mar 18 22:57:27 UTC 2012

The Roman inscription from Brambach, now in a museum in Koeln (Germany): „ad Alutum flumen secus montem Caucasi” was largely commented since 1890's. An old link is here: http://documente.bcucluj.ro/.../BCUCLUJ_FP_279996_1891_022_001.pdf

There is a reference to Caucaland in Wolfram(p 93), readible in Google books.

>From many interpretations, including from Romanian Academics, such as Alexandru Surdu, it results that that land is actually the Ciuc depression(Harghita county)[Cauca>>Ciuca], close to the Kogaion/Ceahlau, mentioned by me in the context of the Old Dacia mentioned in Iordanes(XII,73+74).

That depression fits also to the physical model of Yggdrasil as a particular volcanic eruption (also the Phoenix bird).
This interpretation of mine was cited by the distinguished dr.h.c.Jurate de Rosales: http://on.lt/skitija

Updated link to my map:
http://www.academic.ro/Vlaha/Ancient_Dacia-Scythia.jpg

I personally prefer the Caucaland at the close Cucuteni, with its famous Cucuteni-Baiceni tumulus and treasure, on the other side of the Carpathian Range, near Piatra Neamt, where the capital of an antic kingdom is known.

The archeological interest on the Ciuc depression is yet low.