My Gothic Name Page

autoreport griffon77 at GMAIL.COM
Tue Oct 23 03:54:07 UTC 2012

-mund in ga-mund is equivalent to English "mind" (in OE gemynd), Latin mens, ment-. The mund in Germanic names however is cognate with Latin manus, hand, with a sense of "protection/protector", an figuratve use of the primary sense "hand" derived from idioms such as "place in your hands" "take in hand".