[gothic-l] -oni / -one gothic superlative suffix

Dicentis a roellingua@gmail.com [gothic-l] gothic-l at yahoogroups.com
Fri Dec 12 15:33:17 UTC 2014

One is indeed ain*s*, in the case of masculine singular. Ain is "one" for
neutral words in their nominative or accusative and ain*a* is "one" for
female words. But I don't think one or oni is related to "one", that also
doesn't make sense. They don't look like Gothic words to me, but I can try
to look after it for you.