[gothic-l] Re: The first letter of apostle John and other parts translated

Dicentis a roellingua@gmail.com [gothic-l] gothic-l at yahoogroups.com
Fri Dec 19 10:47:33 UTC 2014

Hi Peter,

The problem is that I learned Gothic and not Greek. I know that knowing
Greek is giving more understanding of Gothic, but as I can read quite good
Gothic know I don't think that it's impossible to know Gothic without Greek.

The problem is that it would slow down my translation tremendously if I had
to learn a completely new language before I can make it. I don't really see
what's wrong with using another language, or if there is an English or
Dutch translation with the exact same Greek word order we could use that
too.