[gothic-l] Re: The first letter of apostle John and other parts translated

Dicentis a roellingua@gmail.com [gothic-l] gothic-l at yahoogroups.com
Sat Dec 20 21:36:04 UTC 2014

I think that although we could decide to translate Wulfila's translation
again in what is reconstructed as the daily Gothic language, we wouldn't
respect him and unnecesarrily do a lot of work again. Although the word
order is Greek, it is in fact very well readable for someone who knows
English, German or another Germanic language, so it would be only
considerable to translate them again, if we wanted a version in Modern
Gothic, just like in Israel a Bible in Modern Hebrew appeared, but
currently, it's not the case at all that we even already developed a full
modern Gothic language. For that our community needs to grow first,
currently we are fortunately not just 1 person wanting to do this, but
several people, but we need to find more interested people to get a bigger
community, like the Klingon and Lojban community. In order to do that, one
of our first steps is offering more literature into Gothic so that it makes
sense to learn it, so translation is one of our important first steps now.