Reconstructing Gothic

'Mike Adams' abrigon@gmail.com [gothic-l] gothic-l at YAHOOGROUPS.COM
Sat May 31 03:12:48 UTC 2014

Icelandic or like how some languages have done, by direct adoption, or still using native phonomogy or create it using words and formations that are native.

Gusiq (my spelling) - white man, for instance in some Native "Eskimo" languages, comes likely from the term Cossack or like, since many of the Russian soldiers (well from the Russian Czars army) were Cossacks from what is mostly now the Ukraine.

The term came I believe from the Turkish work for bandit and like, Kazakh

Taigu - Thank you, cames from adopting English Thank you but using Eskimo (I know not all like the term, but in Alaska they use ot often due to the variety of people who are Eskimo), local phnonogy and sounds.

Masiq Cho - Gwichin for Thank you, supposedly comes from Merci, a term French Canadians trappers used. Ana Basie (Kuyukon for the same word and likely same basic origin).

Mike
.