[gothic-l] Re: some suggestions and corrects

medieval_music@yahoo.com [gothic-l] gothic-l at yahoogroups.com
Tue Feb 10 03:44:57 UTC 2015

Hi Edmund,

 Thanks so much for this information, I'm taking notes. I was wondering about ellipsis of the verb "to be" and/or omitting the pronoun in the first line. I did miss the vocative for "thiudans." Thanks for confirming that the optative should not be used for the verbs, which was my original thought as well. So a revision of the first lines would be:

 Thiutheigs thu, frauja guth unsar, thiudan allaize,
 saei skapjith akrana weinatainis,
 saei bairith hlaibans af airthai,
 saei allos waihtins skapjith waurda seinamma.

 Albareiks