[gothic-l] Re: is Gothic the language of one or a few men?

Dicentis a roellingua@gmail.com [gothic-l] gothic-l at yahoogroups.com
Wed Feb 11 19:27:16 UTC 2015

Basti, my claim was based on a small part in a book which I read which said
that the Visigoths used this Gothic Bible while Wulfila was living among
the Ostrogoths and had written this Bible (or as is thought now, other
people wrote it) in the Balkans, which is not where the Visigoths were.
Therefore, it's likely that it was originally intended for the Ostrogoths,
but as they basically spoke the same language it got used by the Visigoths
later.