[gothic-l] Re: is Gothic the language of one or a few men?

write2andy@yahoo.com [gothic-l] gothic-l at yahoogroups.com
Thu Feb 12 01:32:41 UTC 2015

Could you find that book that said they used Gothic books to bind others, that they destroyed some, etc.? I personally say we should look in the book binding to see if there is any Gothic writing. It's just as valuable to history as those books are, especially to "Gothicists". Also, they continue to find Gothic manuscripts all the time, like the Codex Boloniensia, found in 2013. They continue to find Gaulish material, too, and I'm hoping fervently that they come across something in Vandalic one day. (There were some Latin texts written in the Vandal Empire that were buried in pots and set out in the mountains, and they were discovered relatively recently. I have faith in finding more material in these languages.)
 Just as a few success stories.