[gothic-l] Re: Jiddish

write2andy@yahoo.com [gothic-l] gothic-l at yahoogroups.com
Sat Feb 14 18:43:10 UTC 2015

"There is no question"? I'm guessing you know 0% of the Yiddish language. Show me where you found that there is "no question" that Yiddish is Turkic, or could possible have any Turkic influence at all. I know Yiddish, not fluently but I know a large portion of it (probably 30% to 50%) and not once have I seen any Turkic words in it. Not just the core vocabulary, but loan words, too. I haven't seen even one. If you can come up with at least one, or hopefully more, especially ones that clearly aren't later loan words, please, do show me them.
 And it's spelled "Yiddish", with a "Y".
 And there's no way Yiddish grew out of Gothic.