[gothic-l] Re: Some neologisms

write2andy@yahoo.com [gothic-l] gothic-l at yahoogroups.com
Sat Feb 14 20:26:10 UTC 2015

I used "þata" just to show the gender. The word is "tudr", but I wanted to show it was grammatically neuter.
 Transgender politics are hard to explain in a short paragraph or so, but here are the basics:
 A man who was born a woman is a man, and usually will not appreciate being called a woman at all, or at least wants to be "manna" rather than "qinamanna" or the like, and vice-versa. There are more than two genders. Non-binary people are those who identify outside of the man and woman gender model; maybe we take from it or identify close to one or the other, but we still require our own terminology and repressing it is the opposite of our goal in gaining recognition and acceptance. I personally would require terms like "tudr" and "mah", being both a part of the third gender and the Gothic revival movement. I want Gothic (as with all languages) to be available to non-binary people, rather than just another example of binarism and exclusion. I personally think these neologisms, and others which I will propose in the future, are needed. I just felt like it's time to bring this to light and offer my suggestions for how we can express this.