[gothic-l] Re: translation of the Hildebrantslied in Gothic

Johann Dröge anheropl0x@gmail.com [gothic-l] gothic-l at yahoogroups.com
Mon Feb 23 17:17:23 UTC 2015

wileis mis þeinana aiz wairpan
By aiz, did you mean gais? Aiz is a coin.

Stautedun
If you mean to use the verb stautan, it is a class seven verb. The correct
form would then be saistautun. Wright mentions that stautan is only used in
the present. But I do not know if he means to say it only -occurs- in the
present, and the preterite forms are not in the bible.

By the way, has anyone else noticed that the wulfila project website is
down? I can't get to it. I sure hope it's only temporary...
Here's the link to try it: http://www.wulfila.be/