[gothic-l] Re: translation of the Hildebrantslied in Gothic

Dicentis a roellingua@gmail.com [gothic-l] gothic-l at yahoogroups.com
Mon Feb 23 22:38:07 UTC 2015

Hello Johan,

Thanks for your help with the translation of the text, my Gothic is not bad
but it also isn't that good that I know all grammar by heart. Yes, I ment
gais but I use Koeblers dictionary which mentioned aiz too, which isn't a
coinage in the sense of completely made up but probably a word from a rune
inscription.

I contacted the maintainer of Wulfila.be and this is correct, due to
attacks at the server of the University of Antwerp the website is
temporarily offline and will be up again when they have put up a more
secure server. So no, it isn't temporarily offline, but it will take some
time, probably a few weeks, before it's online again.

Roel