Heritage: Anti-Bilingual Education measure in Arizona

Scott McGinnis smcginnis at nflc.org
Mon Apr 24 20:12:35 UTC 2000

Heritage Languages Listserve
----------------------------

Date:  Mon, 10 Apr 2000 12:18:31 -0700
From:  Jeff MacSwan <macswan at asu.edu>
Subject:  Anti-Bilingual Education Legislation

Dear colleagues,

Please visit the website of the Arizona Language Education Council
(ALEC)
at www.alec2000.org to learn about the efforts of teachers, parents,
researchers, and others interested in defeating the proposed
anti-bilingual
education initiative in the state of Arizona.

Learn about joining and supporting ALEC at
http://www.alec2000.org/join.htm

ALEC Mission Statement

WHO ARE WE?

The Arizona Language Education Council (ALEC) is a non-profit
association
dedicated to educating the public about the historical and present