Heritage: Question RE: Francophone HL program resources

Scott McGinnis smcginnis at nflc.org
Wed Apr 12 19:45:05 UTC 2000

Heritage Languages Listserve
----------------------------

Dear Heritage Languages Listserv,

    I am writing on behalf of a group of educators in Chicago. There are

a number of Francophone children in the city, mostly from France, some
from Quebec, a few from Haiti.  Many of them attend a special program in

a public K-8 school, while others are at a private "Lycee Francaise"
where they study curriculum from France.  Many of these children do not
return to their countries of origin.

    The educators are concerned because some children are exhibiting
signs of linguistic and psychological conflict.  The schools would like
someone to aid them in assessing the children's needs and also in
developing a stronger French language maintenance component.

    Any information, contacts, leads, etc. would be appreciated.  Please

do not send this information to me, but rather to Dr. Braunt at DePaul
university:

                                    pbrault at wppost.depaul.edu.

Thanks,

Kim Potowski
Department of Spanish, Italian & Portuguese
kimbo at students.uiuc.edu

Currently teaching at the Chicago campus:
1727 University Hall, MC-315
601 S. Morgan St.
Chicago, IL 60607
(312) 996-3223