Heritage: Inquiry RE: Navaho/Tiwa

Scott McGinnis smcginnis at nflc.org
Fri Mar 10 19:14:41 UTC 2000

Heritage Languages Listserve
----------------------------

Date:  Thu, 9 Mar 2000 23:36:00 -0500
From:  Deborah D K Ruuskanen <druuskan at cc.helsinki.fi>
Subject:  Tiwa language

I'm going to New Mexico and am going to live on a Navaho reservation and
visit Taos to learn about Navaho and Northern New Mexico weaving
(they've preserved the old Spanish techniques), and I'd like to learn
something about Navaho and Tiwa (spoken in Taos Pueblo, I understand)
before I go. This is somewhat rushed, as I'm leaving on 3 April. If
anyone on the list can recommend textbooks or articles with descriptions
of the languages, I'd be 'much obliged'.

Cheers DKR
-
Deborah D. Kela Ruuskanen     \  You cannot teach a Man anything,
Leankuja 1, FIN-01420 Vantaa  \    you can only help him find it
druuskan at cc.helsinki.fi       \    within himself.      Galileo
- ----- End of forwarded message -------