FW: community questionnaires

Scott McGinnis smcginnis at nflc.org
Mon Jul 30 13:55:11 UTC 2001

Greetings,

         The NFLC's executive summary of the Heritage Language Research
     Priorities conference report suggests on page 7 that surveys be used=

in
     heritage language communities "to assess needs, resources, problems
and
     attitudes; to establish current and potential heritage language use.=
.."
     and other relevant data.

         Does anyone have such a survey they're willing to share, or know=

of
     published surveys? We are looking to begin this kind of work in
     Spanish-speaking communities in Chicago.

         It would be great if we could post community surveys to a public=

     website (if it hasn't been done already).

         Thanks,

     Kim Potowski
     Program Director, Heritage Language Teacher Corps
     University of Illinois at Chicago
     Department of Spanish, French, Italian & Portuguese
     601 S. Morgan St., MC-315
     Chicago, IL 60607
     Phone (312) 996-4582 Fax (312) 413-1044

     Address problems related to the listserv to Jeff MacSwan,
         at <macswan at asu.edu>, Arizona State University

--=========3B5F19E700001BA6/phobos.email.Arizona.EDU