Call for submissions: Special issue of LANGUAGE magazine

Scott McGinnis smcginnis at nflc.org
Fri Apr 26 13:31:22 UTC 2002

The  October 2002 issue of Language Magazine will focus on Heritage
Languages in America. The issue will be distributed at a number of
conferences, most notably the Second National Conference on Heritage
Languages in America, to be held in the Washington, DC, area, October
18-20, 2002, where it will be featured (see http://www.cal.org/heritage
for general conference and registration information).

Would you be able to contribute an article for the issue on some aspect
of heritage language policy, education, or research, or about
opportunities in the United States for heritage language speakers? The
deadline for receipt of articles is September 6, 2002. The ideal length
of an article is 1000-1500 words.

If you are interested in submitting an article, please contact me and
let me know the topic you would like to write about, and I will send you
the Guidelines for Language Magazine Contributors.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Ben Ward, Editor
Language Magazine
8533 Sunset Boulevard