Inquiry: Books on non-standard English/Spanish and K-12-level bilingualism

sm167 Scott_G_McGINNIS at umail.umd.edu
Wed Aug 6 14:15:00 UTC 2003

DO NOT USE "REPLY" TO RESPOND TO THIS MESSAGE! Contact the inquiry
originator directly at C.Aquino-Sterling at asu.edu.

I will be teaching a course on language variation in schools this fall
and I am currently looking for children's/young adult's books (K-12)
that incorporate non-standard varieties of English and/or Spanish as
part of their text. I am also interested in (K-12) literature books
that are thematically related to issues of bilingualism/dialects/standard/
non-standard varieties/children/school and society. Any help you may be
able to provide me with will be gratefully appreciated. Thank you kindly.

Cristian Aquino-Sterling