Request for assistance: Elementary HL resources (Khmer)

sm167 Scott_G_McGINNIS at umail.umd.edu
Sat Dec 4 20:22:00 UTC 2004

DO NOT USE "REPLY" KEY TO RESPOND! Contact the message originator,
Jill Antal, directly at joyfactor at earthlink.net.

I am the world language coordinator at Lowell Community Charter School, a
k-7 school with an enrolment of 650 serving the Cambodian and Hispanic
population of Lowell, MA.  We offer Spanish and Khmer classes every day for
students in all grades.  I am looking to network with other heritage
language schools to share ideas as we develop our program.  I would like to
learn more about materials available (particularly for the Khmer language
and connect with schools who have heritage programs starting in the
elementary grades.  I would also like to create a professional development
workshop for our language teachers with a focus on heritage languages and
the stages of ethnic identity formation.  Do you have any suggestions for
me?

Sincerely,
Jill Antal
Lowell Community Charter School