[HERITAGE-LIST] Request for assistance: Survey of HL programs

Scott G. McGINNIS smcginni at umd.edu
Wed Jun 21 13:37:37 UTC 2006

DO NOT HIT "REPLY" TO RESPOND TO THIS MESSAGE! Contact its
originator, Ted Jenkins, directly at theodore at cal.org.

Dear Heritage Language Colleagues:

My name is Ted Jenkins, and I am working with Dr. Joy Peyton
at the Center for Applied Linguistics. As part of the
Alliance for the Advancement of Heritage Languages, we are
creating an online collection of heritage language schools
and programs in the United States in order to provide
information about program features to staff of programs like
yours.

We are seeking to expand our collection of program profiles
by asking programs to complete one of our surveys, which will
provide basic information about a program's student and
teacher population, curricula, assessments, and support.

Would you or someone in your program be willing to take a few
minutes to complete the program survey?

--If you visit our Web site
http://www.cal.org/heritage/programs/), you can view our
program collection and complete the survey online.
--I could mail you a hard copy that you would fill out and
return to me.
--I would also be willing to interview you on the phone and
complete the survey.

Can you please let me know which would be most convenient for
you?

I look forward to hearing from you soon.  Thank you very much.

Sincerely yours,
Ted Jenkins
Theodore at cal.org
202-362-0700, ext. 596
Scott McGinnis
Academic Advisor & Associate Professor

Defense Language Institute,
  Washington Office
201 12th Street S., Suite 507
Arlington, VA 22202-4306
phone:  703-604-0464  fax:  703-604-0466
e-mail: Scott.McGinnis at belvoir.army.mil
  OR smcginni at umd.edu