[HERITAGE-LIST] Electronic resource: SPEAKING IN TONGUES update

Scott G. McGINNIS smcginni at UMD.EDU
Tue Jun 27 18:00:35 UTC 2006

This is a follow-up to an original e-mail posting of 9 June.

We are writing to update you about  Speaking in Tongues,
PatchWorks Films' project promoting multilingualism in the
U.S.  If you haven't had a chance to check out our new web
site, you can now learn more about our work and watch a new
video clip at:

http://www.patchworksfilms.net/coming_soon.html

We're also happy to report that we've received two seed
grants from the Film Arts Foundation and the Wallace
Alexander Gerbode Foundation. This funding has come in the
nick of time, as we are planning to begin production in the
fall. At the moment we're seeking completion funds for the
film and the community engagement program. We're delighted
to be partnering with  the Alliance for the Advancement of
Heritage Languages,  The American Council on the Teaching of
Foreign Languages (ACTFL),  California Tomorrow , and
Parents for Public Schools (PPS) to develop ancillary
materials developed specifically for educators, heritage
language advocates, and those developing cross cultural
skills in our students.

Our greatest need at the moment is to make contacts with
foundations and donors who might be interested in supporting
efforts to develop cross-cultural and bilingual skills among
Americans.   Please pass along any potential contacts to us,
or feel free to forward this information  to others.

Apologies if you receive this e-mail twice (please let me
know). We are updating our e-mail lists.

Best,

Marcia Jarmel & Ken Schneider
Producers, Speaking in Tongues