[HERITAGE-LIST] Inquiry: Application of ACTFL Standards to heritage language schools

Scott G. McGINNIS smcginni at UMD.EDU
Wed Oct 25 13:37:07 UTC 2006

Can anyone share their experience/expertise regarding the application of the ACTFL standards for heritage language schools? Our Chinese school is revamping its curriculum. I think that the ACTFL standards, particularly the performance guidelines, should be a cornerstone for planning a heritage language curriculum. Am I off base? Is there something else that we should be considering?

Thanks!

Dennie

Dennie Hoopingarner, Ph.D.
Director, Language Learning Center
Associate Director for Technology Implementation, CLEAR
Michigan State University
http://clear.msu.edu/dennie