[HERITAGE-LIST] FYI: Article RE: using local heritage resources to teach "foreign" languages

Scott G. McGINNIS smcginni at UMD.EDU
Fri Apr 27 21:30:01 UTC 2007

Comments regarding Ruth's article should be sent directly to her at ruth at chispaproductions.com.

Date: Thu 26 Apr 15:00:25 EDT 2007
From: Ruth Kunstadter <ruth at chispaproductions.com> Add To

I'm sending you this online link to an article I wrote, and that was just published, about the Montclair High School's Spanish Club's field trip to a Spanish-speaking city .... 20 minutes from home. This theme of using local resources to teach so-called "foreign" languages (which, of course, are not foreign at all; they're right outside our own front
door) is one that I've been doing a lot of writing and presenting about. I'm looking to expand on this, so if any of you are aware of other case studies that you think could be highlighted, please let me know!

Here's the link:

http://www.montclairtimes.com/page.php?page=14673

Ruth Kunstadter
Montclair, NJ