[HERITAGE-LIST] FYI: SPEAKING IN TONGUES update

Scott G. McGINNIS smcginni at UMD.EDU
Wed May 9 20:14:15 UTC 2007

Hi,

I wanted to update those who’ve expressed interest in our work on all that has happened this year with our bilingualism project, Speaking in Tongues.

Since last Fall we've:
• Completed 80% of film production.
• Become a part of Active Voice's GLOBAL LIVES initiative, which has included conducting focus groups around the country with educators, concerned parents, and policymakers to strategize about the best uses for the film.
• Been chosen by KQED’s (San Francisco's flagship PBS station) for the Truly California series.
• Raised 20% of our budget with private donations, and grants from the Lowe, Eastman, Film Arts, Gerbode, and Klein Foundations .
• Cut a new sample clip viewable at:
http://www.patchworksfilms.net/coming_soon.html.

We are actively looking for support for the final phases of the project, and expect to launch our community engagement campaign within six months of receiving finishing funds.
Thanks for your interest in our work.

Marcia Jarmel
Project Director

PatchWorks Films
Marcia Jarmel & Ken Schneider, Filmmakers
663 7th Avenue
San Francisco, CA 94118 USA
(415) 387-5912 tel
(415) 203-5910 cell