[HERITAGE-LIST] Request for assistance: Doctoral research on learner stategies, Chinese HL learners

Scott G. McGINNIS smcginni at UMD.EDU
Tue Apr 15 21:52:09 UTC 2008

DO NOT USE "REPLY" TO RESPOND TO THIS REQUEST!! Contact its originator, Liu Yunzhen, directly at either jane.bamboo at YAHOO.COM or yunzhen.liu at ncl.ac.uk.

Dear Colleagues,

My name is Yunzhen Liu. Apart from teaching Chinese at universities, I'm  doing a doctoral study in Educational and Applied Linguistic  at Newcastle University. I'm writing to you as I need your help with my research urgently.

My research is on Chinese language learning strategies. I need a big number of subjects who are Heritage Chinese learners to complete a questionnaire.   If you have heritage Chinese students (age 12 at least), from any universities, colleges, or secondary schools, and could encourage them to fill out this survey, I would be most grateful. You can contact me for a copy of the survey via either of my email addresses, jane.bamboo at YAHOO.COM or yunzhen.liu at ncl.ac.uk.

The survey is all about how they think of and how they study Chinese, it'll take about 15-30 minutes to complete it. I would be greatly appreciated for earlier responses.

Thanks very much for your time and your help in advance.

Warm regards

Yunzhen