[HERITAGE-LIST] FOLLOW-UP TO: FYI: Op-ed piece on State of Maryland Task Force on the Preservation of Heritage Language Skills - in other parts of Maryland....

Scott G. McGINNIS smcginni at UMD.EDU
Tue Jun 24 18:48:04 UTC 2008

Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2008 10:59:19 -0500
From: Kim Potowski <kimpotow at uic.edu>

Funny, not too long ago Dennis Baron posted to the
language policy listserv about a Maryland town that
wants to go English Only.  I'm pasting the post
below.  This contrasts strongly with what Catherine
documents... a clear example of two counterforces at
work in the same state.
_________
Kim Potowski
Associate Professor of Spanish
Director, Spanish for heritage speakers
The University of Illinois at Chicago
Department of Spanish, French, Italian & Portuguese
1722 UH, MC-315, 601 S. Morgan St.
Chicago, IL 60607
kimpotow at uic.edu