[HERITAGE-LIST] Update on Heritage Language Resources

Scott G. McGINNIS smcginni at umd.edu
Sun Jul 19 20:32:29 UTC 2009

Dear Colleague - Since you are a working in the field of heritage language development or in a program that serves heritage language learners, I wanted to take a moment to share with you information about our Web site, online heritage language programs collection, and electronic newsletter. I believe that you and your colleagues will find this information of interest.

Web Site
The Alliance is committed to advancing language development of heritage language speakers in the United States and facilitating the work of those engaged in heritage language education and research. Our work includes making a wide range of information available through our Web site. I encourage you to bookmark the Alliance Web site and visit often for updates, free downloadable resources, and other information.
Visit the Alliance Web site: http://www.cal.org/heritage

Program Profiles
The Alliance is collecting profiles of heritage language programs in the United States. This online collection of program profiles will allow program staff to exchange ideas and resources with one another. If you are a coordinator or a teacher in a heritage language program, or in a heritage language strand in another educational program, we encourage you to fill out a Heritage Language Program Profile.

The profile form takes only about 20 minutes to complete and will provide the field with interesting and valuable information about your program.

For more information, visit us at http://www.cal.org/heritage/profiles. To complete a profile, go to http://www.cal.org/heritage/profiles/submit.html.

Help us get the word out! Please let other heritage language program developers and staff know about the online National Heritage Languages Program Collection and encourage them to complete a profile on their program. With the help of all heritage language programs, we can offer a comprehensive collection of information and resources.

Alliance News Flash
To stay up to date on developments in the heritage language field and new resources, sign up to receive our quarterly electronic newsletter, the Alliance News Flash http://www.cal.org/heritage/about/newsflash.html

Thank you for your collaboration.

With best regards,
Scott McGinnis

On behalf of the Alliance Steering Committee
Dr. Donna Christian, Center for Applied Linguistics
Dr. Catherine Ingold, National Foreign Language Center
Ann Kelleher, University of California, Davis
Dr. Scott McGinnis, Defense Language Institute, Arlington, VA
Dr. Joy Peyton, Center for Applied Linguistics
Dr. Ana Maria Schwartz, University of Maryland, Baltimore County
Ms. Adriana Val, University of Maryland, Baltimore County
Dr. Shuhan Wang, National Foreign Language Center