[HERITAGE-LIST]

Kim Potowski kimpotow at UIC.EDU
Sun Sep 7 00:33:26 UTC 2014

This is wonderful!

If there are any Polish linguists out there: I have interviews with first and second generation Polish speakers in Chicago, just waiting to be analyzed.  ;)

Kim
_________
Kim Potowski
Associate Professor of Spanish
Faculty Affiliate, Latin American and Latino Studies
The University of Illinois at Chicago
Department of Hispanic and Italian Studies
1722 UH, MC-315, 601 S. Morgan St.
Chicago, IL 60607
kimpotow at uic.edu
http://potowski.org

Director, Spanish for Heritage Speakers
Co-director, Language in Context Research Group
Executive Editor, Spanish in Context

On Sep 6, 2014, at 7:28 PM, Scott G. McGinnis <smcginni at UMD.EDU> wrote:

Good day, all,

With thanks to our friend and colleague at CAL, Donna Christian, for the tip....

This may be of interest to the HL listserv. An article on minority languages in Chicago (with an emphasis on Polish)
http://www.nihilnovijournal.org/post/87980253531/minority-languages-in-chicago

Cheers!
Donna

Donna Christian