antipassives

Wolfgang Schulze W.Schulze at lrz.uni-muenchen.de
Sun Mar 28 18:26:57 UTC 2010

Dear friends and colleagues
please allow me exploiting your expertise by making a perhaps somewhat
unusual post. But maybe you can help me or give me some advise. I have
produced an admittedly lengthy paper on the *grammaticalization of
antipassives* in terms of split aspects systems, dealing mainly with
Sumerian, Kartvelian, and Proto-Indo-European, but including data from
other languages, too. You can download the first draft (attention: not
yet proof-read by an native speaker of English!) from
http://www.lrz-muenchen.de/~wschulze/antipass.pdf . My problem is that I
really don't know what to do with this paper. It is too long for
submission to a journal (79 pages), and too short for producing a
(slender) monography. Any suggestions (if ever you can imagine that the
contents are of relevance for our community)? In addition, I would be
happy to receive critics and other comments all of which would
undoubtedly help to improve the quality of the analyses.
Many thanks in advance and best wishes,
Wolfgang

*Prof. Dr. Wolfgang Schulze *

/Primary contact: /

Institut für Allgemeine & Typologische Sprachwissenschaft

Dept. II / F 13

Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität München

Ludwigstraße 25

Postanschrift / Postal address: Geschwister-Scholl-Platz 1

D-80539 München

Tel.: 0049-(0)89-2180-2486 (Secretary)

          0049-(0)89-2180-5343 (Office)

Fax:  0049-(0)89-2180-16567 // 0049-(0)89-2180-5345

Email: W.Schulze at lrz.uni-muenchen.de
<mailto:W.Schulze at lrz.uni-muenchen.de> /// Wolfgang.Schulze at lmu.de
<mailto:Wolfgang.Schulze at lmu.de>

Web: http://www.ats.uni-muenchen.de/personen/professoren/schulze/index.html

http://www.wolfgangschulze.in-devir.com

/Second contact: /

Katedra Germanistiký

Fakulta humanitných vied

Univerzita Mateja Béla / Banská Bystrica

Tajovského 40

SK-97401 Banská Bystrica

Tel: (00421)-(0)48-4465108

Fax: (00421)-(0)48-4465512