Histling-l Digest, Vol 67, Issue 7

Guillaume Jacques rgyalrongskad at gmail.com
Sat Dec 1 11:34:22 UTC 2012

> I would be very grateful for any discussion of this or advice on
> treatments of this question in literature.

This phonetic change in Nahuatl is discussed by Campbell and Langacker
1978, part II (in International Journal of American Linguistics), p.201, ft
43. I think that they were the first to propose a morphological
conditioning for the loss of initial *p- (preservation only in verbs and
some kinship terms, because they are generally prefixed and therefore *p is
not word-initial in at least part of the paradigm).

--
Guillaume Jacques
CNRS (CRLAO) - INALCO

http://halshs.archives-ouvertes.fr/export_listeperso_xml.php?url_id=0000000003849