conditioning of Uto-Aztecan *p in Nahuatl

Nathan Hill nathanwhill at gmail.com
Sat Dec 1 15:53:25 UTC 2012

Dear List,

I would like to thank everyone for the examples of analogical pressure
resisting or undoing phonetically conditioned sound changes. (I am
surprised that the Greek -s future did not come up). I would
particularly like to thank Guillaume Jacques for pointing me to the
article by Campbell and to Magnus Hansen for drawing my attention to
Karen Dakin's Evolucion Fonologica del Proto-Nahuatl, which have
satisfied my question about Uto-Aztecan *p-.

Nathan