Q: Watkins's IE dictionary

Michael C. Morrison 8-543-4706 mmorrison at vnet.ibm.com
Tue Dec 14 13:28:02 UTC 1999

*** Reply to note of Mon, 13 Dec 1999 09:11:46 -0500 (EST)
*** by larryt at cogs.susx.ac.uk

Larry Trask <larryt at cogs.susx.ac.uk> writes:
>The first edition of the American Heritage Dictionary carried a
>dictionary of the PIE roots attested in English, compiled by Calvert
>Watkins.  Can anybody tell me if that dictionary can be bought
>separately, and, if so, where?

American Heritage did produce a separate volume entitled:
"The American Heritage Dictionary of Indo-European Roots" by Watkins
(Houghton-Mifflin, 1985).  Amazon.com claims the book is out of print,
though.  And I couldn't find the book on Houhgton-Mifflin's own site.
Good luck!

Michael
Michael C. Morrison   IBM Software Solutions       Phone (408)463-4706
Data Replication      Santa Teresa Laboratory      FAX   (408)463-4763
Lotus Notes ID:       MCMORRIS at IBMUSM55   IBMLink:  MORRISON at TORIBM
Internet ID:          MMORRISON at VNET.IBM.COM  or  USIB47H4 at IBMMAIL.COM
IBM Mail Exchange:    USIB47H4 at IBMMAIL     or   USIB4MCM at IBMMAIL
X.400 Address:        G=mcmgm; S=morrison; P=ibmmail; A=ibmx400; C=us