ARG-ST as a head feature

Stefan Mueller Stefan.Mueller at dfki.de
Sun Jan 21 16:54:11 UTC 2001

Hi,

Carl Pollard wrote:
> > There's also the problem with constituent coordination identified by
> > Stefan Müller: if one wants to impose a likeness constraint at least on
> > head values, ARG-ST as a head feature will mess things up.
> >>

> It's enough for ARG-ST to propagate up head paths. It needn't actually
> be located under HEAD.
>
> Carl

Yes, that's what I discussed on page 182 of the mentioned book
(http://www.dfki.de/~stefan/Pub/e_complex.html). But then what is the
value of HEAD? Projecting some features along head pathes
explicitly and some because they are under HEAD seems a little bit
arbitrary.

Greetings

	Stefan

--
Interprice GmbH                   Tel.: (+49 - 30) 34 50 77 56
Kaiserin-Augusta-Allee 11/12      Fax:  (+49 - 30) 32 10 41 52

http://www.dfki.de/~stefan/Babel/Interaktiv/Babajava/