Context

Georgia g-green at uiuc.edu
Wed Jan 28 15:07:25 UTC 2004

You are right that P&S 1994 do not provide a lot of detail. I have discussed
the modelling of pragmatic information in a couple of articles:

Green, Georgia M.  The structure of CONTEXT: The representation of pragmatic
restrictions in HPSG. Proceedings of the 5th Annual Conference of the Formal
Linguistics Society of Mid-America, edited by James H. Yoon. Studies in the
Linguistic Sciences 24: 215-232, 1994.

Green, Georgia M. The nature of pragmatic information. Grammatical
interfaces in HPSG, edited by R. Cann, C. Grover, and P. Miller, 113-138.
Stanford: CSLI Publications, 2000.

Hope this helps,
Georgia