AW: Increasing interest in the HPSG conference

anne abeille abeille at linguist.jussieu.fr
Fri Jul 2 09:39:08 UTC 2004

Hi John

thank you for your message
which I am most sympathetic with;

In our Language paper with Daniele Godard
on French auxiliaries, we have tried precisely this:
give the analysis in an informal fashion
(sections 1 to 6)
and keep the HPSG analysis for a separate more
technical section

as for the " HPSG highlights" that you mention,
I don't mind being the "et al" when you talk about Clitics,
but when you mention Bouma et al's work on adjuncts,
you should know that it builds on Abeille and Godard 's 1997
paper on French negation,
where we challenge Pollock Neg functional head
and V raising analysis
and propose an Adverb as Complement analysis

best
Anne Abeillé