Increasing interest in the HPSG conference

Paola Monachesi Paola.Monachesi at phil.uu.nl
Thu Jun 24 15:31:57 UTC 2004

Hi,
I think Gosse's idea to combine the HPSG conference with other events like
Formal Grammar might be a good one.

We have noticed a decrease of abstracts within the FG conference and we are
debating whether we should go on with it. We find that there is still an
interest for the issues discussed within the FG forum, but there is clearly
an explosion of conferences/workshops and a decrease of travel money
which makes attending conferences more difficoult.

I personally think that it would be interesting to experiment with a joined
conference again, afterall the Saarbrucken version was a succesful one.

Ciao,

Paola

Paola Monachesi                               * Tel:+31-(0)30-2536065
Utrecht University                            * Fax:+31-(0)30-2536000
Utrecht Institute of Linguistics - OTS        *
Trans 10,                                     *
NL-3512 JK Utrecht                            *
The Netherlands                               *
http://www-uilots.let.uu.nl/~Paola.Monachesi  *