Automatic Procedures in MT Evaluation - MT Summit XI, Copenhagen, 11 September 2007
info at elda.org
Wed Jul 25 11:10:58 EDT 2007
[Apologies for multiple postings]
Automatic Procedures in MT Evaluation
MT Summit XI, Copenhagen, 11 September 2007
Workshop organised by the ELRA Evaluation Committee
Gregor Thurmair, Linguatec
Khalid Choukri, ELDA
Bente Maegaard, University of Copenhagen
The purpose of this workshop is to discuss automatic evaluation
procedures in MT. Among the discussion points are:
* What do the scores really measure?
* What kind of implicit assumptions do they make?
* What kind initial effort do they require (e.g.: pre-translate test
* What kind of resources do they need (e.g.: third party grammars)?
* Are they biased towards specific MT technologies?
* What kind of diagnostic support can they give? (where to improve
* What kind of evaluation criteria (e.g. related to the FEMTI
framework) do they support (adequacy, fluency, ...)
The objective of the workshop is to have a better understanding of the
strengths and limitations of the respective approaches,
and perhaps make steps towards defining a common methodology for MT
Please visit http://mtsummitcph.ku.dk/workshops/ to find more about the
More information about the HPSG-L