LREC 2008 - The Antonio Zampolli Prize 2008

ELDA info at elda.org
Fri Jul 27 16:39:14 UTC 2007

  The Antonio Zampolli Prize 2008

The European Language Resources Association (ELRA) Board has created a
prize to honour the memory of its first president, Professor Antonio
Zampolli, a pioneer and visionary scientist who was internationally
recognized in the field of Computational Linguistics and Human Language
Technologies (HLT). He also contributed much through the establishment
of ELRA and the LREC conference.

To reflect Antonio Zampolli's specific interest in our field, the Prize
will be awarded to individuals whose work lies within the areas of
Language Resources and Language Technology Evaluation with acknowledged
outstanding contributions to their advancements. See the statutes for
details concerning nominations.

The Prize amount is 10,000€. The recipient(s) will also receive a
certificate, recognition in the ELRA newsletter and will be featured on
ELRA's website.

The Prize will be awarded for the third time in May 2008 at the LREC
2008 conference in Marrakesh (May 26 – June 1, 2008). Completed
nominations should be sent to the ELRA President Bente Maegaard
(bente at cst.dk) and arrive before November 1st 2007. The ELRA Board
receives many very good nominations, so if we were not able to select
your candidate last time, you are invited to resubmit your nomination.

Visit the ELRA Web site: www.elra.info
Visit the conference Web site: www.lrec-conf.org/lrec2008