[HPSG-L] question about sotware for drawing different syntactic representations

Rui Chaves rchaves at buffalo.edu
Thu Dec 18 19:29:24 UTC 2014

Hello,
A simple drawing tool that requires no installation and is easy to use
is Google Draw. You'll need a gmail account, I think, but that's it.
To draw brackets click on "Insert" > "Shape" > "Equation". You can
copy-paste, rotate, and move any group of objects around, and download
the drawing as a JPEG/PNG/PDF. An example can be seen at:

https://docs.google.com/drawings/d/1PJ1vSfaf4ErptS_RcixTeTCQAX44oHltgPt2EW7y4ec/edit?usp=sharing

It's easy to draw RG-style arcs as well, even with arrows and labels.

Best,
Rui