Position(s) at the University of Frankfurt
webelhuth at LINGUA.UNI-FRANKFURT.DE
Sat Jul 26 06:54:56 EDT 2014
The Linguistics section in the Department of English and American Studies (part of the College of Modern Philologies) of the Johann Wolfgang Goethe-University in Frankfurt am Main (Germany) has an opening for either one full postdoctoral or two halftime Ph.D. positions as Wissenschafterliche/r Mitarbeiter/in (E13 TV-G-U). The position(s) start(s) on September 1, 2014 and is/are initially restricted to a duration of 3 years.
The teaching duties for the full position comprise 4 hours per week, for a half position 2 hours per week. In addition, administrative duties and the administration of exams is expected. Successful applicants will be given the opportunity to conduct selfdirected research, in particular for the purpose of furthering their scientific qualifications.
Selection criteria for a half position as a Ph.D. candidate:
- A university degree in English (with an emphasis on linguistics) or Linguistics
- An excellent thesis in the area of formal grammar
- An excellent oral and writing competency in English.
Additional selection criteria for the postdoc position:
- Completed excellent Ph.D. in the area of formal grammar.
- It would be desirable for the candidate to have experience with grants and with teaching English linguistics.
Applications (including a letter, a CV, and copies of diplomas) should be sent to Prof. Gert Webelhuth, Institut für England- und Amerikastudien, Grüneburgplatz 1, 60323 Frankfurt am Main. Alternatively, applicants may submit their application by email to webelhuth at lingua.uni-frankfurt.de . The deadline for applications is August 10, 2014.
More information about the HPSG-L