Workshop on HPSG: 17-18 nov 2014, Paris

Berthold Crysmann berthold.crysmann at GMAIL.COM
Fri Jul 25 15:03:23 UTC 2014

Dear all,

following up on the HPSG workshop Gert Webelhuth organised in Frankfurt
in May 2012, I am happy to announce that the Laboratoire de linguistique
formelle (CNR & U Paris 7) is going to host the second such workshop
this coming autumn at Paris-Diderot.

The aim of these workshops is to provide a platform for (informal)
discussion of current work in HPSG: theoretical, formal, as well as
computational. The workshop is understood to be complementary to the
annual international conference: the scope is regional (European) rather
than international, there will be no proceedings, no reviewing, no
invited speakers, and no registration fee.

In order to make it bearable to organise these workshops regularly (in
Paris, Frankfurt, or possibly elsewhere), the idea is to keep all
organisation and administration to an absolute minimum.

Therefore:

-   We send out a call for participation in which we ask who is
interested in giving a presentation at the next meeting (this     is the
one!).
-   We will create a schedule for the workshop, reserve a room, provide
a projector, organise restaurant reservations, etc.
-   We will create a web page with the workshop schedule, hotel
recommendations, and directions to the venue.

Participants must organise their own travel and hotel accommodation and
must cover all their own expenses.

Here are the details for the upcoming Paris venue:

Location:

Maison Chicago, 5 rue Thomas Mann, F-75013 Paris (M°/RER Bibliothèque
François Mitterand)

Dates:

Mon 17 - Tue 18 November 2014

Deadlines:

If you want to present at the workshop, please let me know before 15
October, the earlier the better. I would like to advertise the programme
at least three weeks before the workshop

Looking forward to seeing you all in Paris.

Berthold (local organiser)

--
Berthold Crysmann<crysmann at linguist.jussieu.fr>
CNRS, Laboratoire de linguistique formelle (UMR 7110), U Paris Diderot