Plagirism again, please join the discussion on research gate

Valia Kordoni evangelia.kordoni at ANGLISTIK.HU-BERLIN.DE
Sun Mar 30 07:54:50 UTC 2014

Dear All,

I personally feel (from the first moment I read the original message)
extremely uncomfortable that all this sensitive info is being discussed on
a mailing list, and we are all implicitly/explicitly being asked to pass
judgements on the scientific deeds and the quality of such deeds of a
(female) person, and to take sides. Is she a member of any of the lists
where the original email went to? How can she participate in the
discussion and get the chance to defend herself, if there is anything to
defend and if she can? I am really sorry to say this. I strongly believe
that such issues should be taken to and resolved by justice bodies/courts:
defaming someone is bad an offence as plagiarism.

Regards,
Valia

On Sun, March 30, 2014 09:33, Louise McNally wrote:
> About this I can provide some information:
>
>  >As for her university: Non of this stuff was peer reviewed
> (fortunately). I wonder how the university rates the output of their
> employees.
>
> This person is the equivalent of a tenure-track assistant professor. She
> will have to go through accreditation by a national agency in order to
> be able to apply for tenure. If she has not gone through that process
> yet, this information would obviously be useful to her university
> (getting it to the agency directly is not a simple process). I would be
> surprised if she were to get accredited without peer-reviewed
> publications, but there are many levels of peer review, and I'm not sure
> to what extent the agency requires publications in indexed journals as
> opposed to national level journals where the peer review process is not
> rigorous.
>
> Louise

PD Dr. Valia Kordoni
Institut  für  Anglistik  und  Amerikanistik
Humboldt-Universität Berlin
Unter den Linden 6, 10117 Berlin
Raum: 2108
Tel.:  +49/302093-2421    Fax: -2244